thought-provoking quotes of Guru Nanak and admire their beauty on this
Back to Baisakhi Main
- Whoever, styling himself as a teacher lives on the charity of others, never
bow before him. He who earns his livelihood by the sweat of his brow and
shares it with others, O Nanak, only he can know the way.
- Emotional attachment to Maya is totally painful, this is a bad bargain.
- God is one, but he has innumerable forms. He is the creator of all and He
himself takes the human form.
- He who shows the real home in this body is the Guru. He makes the five
sounded word reverberate in man.
- Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot
compare with an ant filled with the love of God.
- One cannot comprehend Him through reason, even if one reasoned for ages.
- As fragrance abides in the flower
As reflection is within the mirror,
So does your Lord abide within you,
Why search for him without?
- I am not the born; how can there be either birth or death for me?
- Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truly die.
- Owing to ignorance of the rope the rope appears to be a snake; owing to
ignorance of the Self the transient state arises of the individualized,
limited, phenomenal aspect of the Self.