|Check out these fantastic craft tips and make some wonderful items by yourself this Halloween.
- Round Balloon - 1.
- Newspaper - 10.
- Aluminum foil.
- Black Tempera Paint - 1 small can.
- Paintbrush - 1.
- White computer paper - 2.
- Hot glue gun.
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Tear the newspapers into small rectangular strips (about 2" wide and 4" long). Soak these completely in a large bowl container with 2/3 parts glue & 1/3 parts water.
- Leave the solution for about six hours, stirring occasionally.
- Rub the paper strips together to prepare a paper mache paste.
- Blow up the balloon until it is about 5" in diameter. Tie its end with a rubber string to prevent air escaping from its inside.
- Cover the balloon surface with 2 to 4 layers of newspaper paper mache. Loosely cover the area with 2 to 4 layers of white computer paper. Don’t cover the tied part (this will make a hole that you can fill up later with paper mache). Let the paper mache dry for about a day.
- Once the paper mache dries, pop the balloon with a sharp pin. Pull out the balloon bits if you can.
- Cut the aluminum foil into 8 strips, each about a foot long.
- Crumble or roll each foil strip into a leg-like shape.
- Make 7 more legs of similar shapes.
- Apply hot glue the legs onto each of the spider legs. Allow the glue to set.
- Paint the paper mache ball with black color and keep aside to dry.
- Paint two white or red eyes on the spider (or glue on googly eyes).
- Place the spider on a table or hang it from the ceiling with a piece of yarn. This one will make a scary Halloween party decoration.
- A paper plate.
- A pair of scissors.
- Hole puncher.
- Crayons/tempera paint
- A marker pen.
- Using the marker pen, draw the face of a jack-o'-lantern on the back of the paper plate you have.
- Use the scissors to cut the eyes, nose, and mouth out of the paper plate.
- Punch a hole at the same point (near the ears) on either side of the mask.
- Pass the elastic through the holes on either side of the jack-o'-lantern and tie into a loop.
- Wear the mask to a Halloween party and scare the hell out of everybody.
- Black construction paper - 2 sheets.
- Felt - 1 sheet (of green, orange, yellow or red color).
- A piece of black felt.
- White craft glue.
- A pair of scissors.
- Adhesive tape.
- Roll one of the black paper sheets into a cone shape. Secure the shape with tape.
- Trim the bottom of the cone to make it able to stand on the table.
- Draw a 20" circle onto the other sheet of black paper. Cut it out.
- Glue the cone to the circle and keep aside to dry.
- Cut 1/2” long strips of bat-like shapes out of the felt. Stick these around the cone.
- Cut a strip of black felt to go around the base of the cone.
- Wear the hat and give yourself a scary makeover.
Back to Halloween Main