Check out these lip-smacking recipes for birthday celebrations :
|Chocolate Marshmallow Cake Recipe
1) Butter - 6 ounces (3/4 cup, 1 1/2 sticks).
2) Sugar - 1 1/2 cups.
3) Cocoa - 3 tbsp, unsweetened.
4) Eggs - 3.
5) Flour - 1 1/2 cups, self-rising.
6) Pecans - 1 1/2 cups, chopped.
7) Vanilla extract - 1 tsp.
8) Marshmallows - 6 ounces(or about 3 cups), miniature.
9) Icing (recipe given below)
1) In a medium sized bowl, mix butter and sugar. Whip until
light and fluffy. Add in cocoa and beat.
2) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add
flour, nuts and vanilla; mix well.
3) Next, grab a baking pan (dimensions: 9x13x2-inch). Grease with
butter and sprinkle flour all over the surface. Pour the batter
into it and bake over oven at 325° for 40 mins.
4) Take out from oven. Sprinkle miniature marshmallows atop the
hot cake and let melt. Then frost with icing while still warm.
There you have your Chocolate Marshmallow Cake. Top
1) Butter - 1/4 cup.
2) Confectioners sugar - 1 lb (or about 3 1/2 cups, unsifted)
3) Cocoa - 1/4 cup, unsweetened.
4) Vanilla - 1 tsp.
5) Milk - 1 cup.
1) In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients together,
adding milk until it reaches the desired spreading consistency.
Your icing is ready.
2) Spread the icing on warm chocolate marshmallow cake. Cool
cake thoroughly before serving.. Top
Birthday Pasta Recipe
1) Spaghetti - 1 pack (400 g).
2) Tuna - 2 cans (180 g), hot & spicy.
3) Garlic - 1/2 cup, minced.
4) Olive oil - 3 tbsp.
5) Butter - 2-3 tbsp.
6) Basil leaves, salt, pepper and sauce.
1) In a pot, cook spaghetti according to package direction.
Drain and keep aside.
2) Heat oil and butter over a frying pan for 2 mins. Add garlic
and saute for 3 more mins.
3) Add tuna. Stir and cook for another 3 mins.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste. Then pour sauce over the pasta.
Sprinkle generously over it the basil leaves and mix well. Serve.
Yield - 4 servings.
|Chocolate Brownie Muffins
1) Dark Muscovado Sugar - 50g .
2) Chocolate - 110g plain, melted.
3) Flour - 225g, self-raising.
4) Baking Powder - 1 1/2 tsp.
5) Milk - 225 ml.
6) Sunflower Oil - 4 tbsp.
7) Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp.
8) Egg - 1 large, beaten lightly.
1) In a large bowl, add all the ingredients together and stir
well until just combined.
2) Spoon into paper muffin cases and bake for 15-20 mins.
3) Turn on the temperature to 220°C/425°F until the batter rises
well and turns firm. Cool on a wire rack. Serve.
|Sausage Puff Pastry:
1) Puff Pastry - 1 box, room temperature (Use both sheets)
2) Eggs - 2, lightly beaten.
3) Sausage - 1 1/2 lb
4) Onion - 1, finely chopped.
5) Garlic - 1 clove, crushed.
6) Breadcrumbs - 1 cup, fresh.
7) Parsley - 3 tbsp., chopped fresh.
8) Thyme - 3 tbsp., chopped fresh.
9) Grounded sage, nutmeg, black pepper and cloves ( 1/2 tsp. of
1) Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Lightly grease two cooking
2) Cut out puff pastry sheets of about 14"x14" dimensions and
spread. Lightly moist them with some of the beaten egg. Then roll
them into cylindrical shapes.
3) In a large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients with the
remaining half of the egg. Divide the batter
into two portions. Lay out the puff pastry on the cylindrical
cookie sheets. With a pipe or spoon, drain the filling down the
center of each pastry piece. Sweep the edges with some of the egg.
Fold the pastry over the filling, overlapping the edges and
placing the join underneath. Beat the other egg and use it to
brush the pastry rolls. Then cut into small pieces and spread
apart on baking sheet.
4) Cut a small slash on top of each roll. Bake for 15 - 20 mins.
Turn down the oven temperature to 350°F and cook for 15 more mins,
or until your pastry turns puffed and golden. Let cool slightly
Yield: 40 servings. Top