2 Beaten Eggs
3 Ripe Bananas
1/2 c Shortening
1 c Sugar
2 c Flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
4 tsp Sour milk (add a few drops of vinegar to milk to make it sour.)
|1) Cream shortening; add sugar and beat well |
2) Beat eggs and mash bananas and add them to the above.
3) Sift flour, baking soda and salt, add alternately with sour milk and beat until it becomes smooth.
4) Bake in a greased pan for about 1 hour at 350 degrees or until it's done. Cool well before slicing.
2 1/4 c flour
1/3 c Hershey's cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c. butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c packed light brown sugar
1 t vanilla extract
2 c (12-oz pkg) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c chopped nuts (optional)
|1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and drain again. |
2. In a large mixing bowl combine egg, milk, and Parmesan cheese for pasta crust. Stir in pasta. In a greased 12-inch pizza pan, spread pasta mixture evenly. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is brown. Drain fat. Add undrained tomatoes (cut up any large pieces of tomato), pepper strips and Italian seasoning to meat mixture. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and most of the liquid is evaporated, stirring once or twice. Stir in mushrooms and crushed red pepper.
4. Spread evenly meat mixture over pasta crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 6 main-dish servings.
Boneless pork roast
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup or more BBQ sauce to taste
|1) Place pork, vinegar, and water in crock pot on low heat for about 8 hours. |
2) Drain water and vinegar out. Add ketchup and BBQ sauce.
3) Shred pork into sauces with fork. Keep warm in crock pot until ready to serve.
4) Serve on buns.
|SPICY BARBECUE SHRIMP
3/4 c BBQ Sauce
1/2 c Butter; or margarine
2 tb Lemon juice
1/2 c Dry sherry
2 lb Medium to large shrimp; unshelled
Cayenne pepper to taste
|1) Melt butter in a broiler pan. |
2) Remove pan from oven and stir in BBQ sauce and lemon juice.
3) Add shrimp and toss to coat.
4) Spread out in pan. Sprinkle cayenne, garlic powder and black pepper over the shrimp.
5) Broil five inches from the heat source for about four minutes.
6)Turn shrimp. Add sherry and broil for four minutes longer.
|WACKY BREAKFAST FOR DAD
2 tablespoons cheese
4 brown-and-serve sausage links (cut up)
1/2 cup vegetables (such as chopped broccoli, corn and red sweet peppers)
1 tablespoon milk
|1) Take a large jar with a tight-fitting lid and crack 2 eggs into it.|
2) Add the cheese, milk, cut-up sausage links, and vegetables.
3) Screw on the lid and shake until well blended.
4) Pour mixture into skillet and cook the eggs.
|SCALLOPED POTATO CASSEROLE
4 ounces (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
4 medium onions, sliced
1 teaspoons salt
1 cup skim milk
|1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. |
2) Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
3) Mix soup, salt, pepper and milk together.
4) In the prepared casserole dish, place half of the potatoes in a layer and then half of the onions.
5) Pour half of soup mixture over potatoes and onions.
6) Repeat layers with the remaining potatoes, onions and soup. 7) Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
Bake uncovered for about 1-1/2 hours.
|CRISPY TORTILLA CHIPS
8 6-inch corn tortillas
2 teaspoons garlic-pepper blend
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Nonstick cooking spray
|1) Preheat oven to 425 degree F.|
2) Lightly coat tortillas on both sides with nonstick cooking spray. 3)Sprinkle tortillas on both sides with coarse salt and pepper blend.4)Make 2 stacks of 4 tortillas each. With a sharp knife cut each stack into 6 pieces. Place in a single layer on 2 baking sheets.
5) Bake 1 sheet at a time for 8 to 10 minutes or until it turns light brown and crisp.
6) Cool on baking sheets.
7) Serve immediately or store in a tightly sealed container up to 3 days.
|YUMMY OATMEAL COOKIES
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups quick oats
1 cup nuts, chopped
3/4 cup raisins
1 teaspoon salt
|1) Preheat oven to 375 degree F|
2) Blend butter or margarine and sugars until smooth
3) Beat in eggs and vanilla
4) Combine and blend thoroughly flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
5) Beat into creamed mixture
6) Stir in oatmeal, nuts, and raisins
7) Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet
8) Bake for 12-14 minutes
Back to Father's Day Main